Playstation gamers are up in arms after Sony revealed a little-known fact about its popular home console.
Apparently players have been calling the controller`s "X" button the wrong name for decades.
According to a recent poll run by the gaming giant on social media, 81% of fans pronounce it as they would the letter.
But in a shock turn of events, the company says the majority of fans are actually in the wrong.
Sony has insisted that users should be calling it the "Cross" button instead, and the news has left some fans completely baffled.
"If Cross is called X (it`s not), then what are you calling Circle?", questioned the company on Twitter.
Its tweet was referring to the fact that gamers call the "O" button "Circle", rather than the letter.
Hundreds of fans swiftly took to social media to poke fun at Sony`s revelation about its Dual Shock controller.
To make matters more confusing for gamers, the majority of other platforms which have an "X" button refer to it as "X", including the Xbox and a range of Nintendo systems.
The debate is sure to keep gamers busy while Sony is hard at work on its follow-up to the PS4, which is rumoured to be hitting shelves late next year.
- Three ways all automakers can improve adaptive cruise control
- The Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo XS coffee machine is small, very cool and delivers a quality cup every time
- Google to restrict political adverts worldwide
- The Biggest Bitcoin News of 2019!
- Physicists Claim They`ve Found Even More Evidence of a New Force of Nature
- Iran`s internet blackout reaches four-day mark
- Google Stadia wants to be the future of gaming. So do Microsoft, Sony and Amazon
- Amazon gets closer to getting Alexa everywhere
- John McAfee gives speech at the Barcelona Blockchain Week 2019
- Google Assistant is giving Android Auto users the silent treatment – what to do