Some US tech firms have gained a reputation for being willing to launch products before it is clear whether they could be damaging to society.
But Microsoft`s president, Brad Smith, says that it is not good enough for such companies to absolve themselves of responsibility and say that it is solely up to lawmakers to decide what is right and wrong.
Mr Smith`s book - Tools and Weapons: The Promise and the Peril of the Digital Age - aims to serve as a wake-up call to the industry.
- Three ways all automakers can improve adaptive cruise control
- The Nescafe Dolce Gusto Piccolo XS coffee machine is small, very cool and delivers a quality cup every time
- Google to restrict political adverts worldwide
- The Biggest Bitcoin News of 2019!
- Physicists Claim They`ve Found Even More Evidence of a New Force of Nature
- Iran`s internet blackout reaches four-day mark
- Google Stadia wants to be the future of gaming. So do Microsoft, Sony and Amazon
- Amazon gets closer to getting Alexa everywhere
- John McAfee gives speech at the Barcelona Blockchain Week 2019
- Google Assistant is giving Android Auto users the silent treatment – what to do